Comprehensive insurance provides you with not only Third party insurance but also covers you against ‘Own Damage’ i.e. it also covers damages to your own car and medical expenses for yourself and your car’s passengers subject to applicable terms and conditions. This policy will also cover against loss or damage to your car on account of other risks
A typical comprehensive policy should cover your vehicle against:
1. Fire, explosion or lightning
2. Burglary or theft
3. Riot and strike
4. Earthquake (fire and shock damage)
5. Flood, Typhoon, Hurricane, Storm, Tempest, Inundation, Cyclone, Hailstorm etc.
6. Accidental external means
7. Malicious Act
8. Terrorist Activity
9. Whilst in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air
10. By landslide, rockslide.