I have got another house that is presently not in use, can it be insured and if yes, what type of cover should I go for?

The property can be insured even if it’s not in use presently. One can go for one of the two options depending on his/her requirements-
If the home is furnished, you can opt for a policy that covers both your house and its contents.

But, if the house is not furnished, you can opt for a Standard Fire and Special Perils policy only for the building. This policy will protect the structure of your building against loss due to fire / earthquakes etc. however, there are only few companies that provide this cover.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.